Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Amazing Spider-Man Issues 16-30









Continuing with scans of my Spider-Man comic collection, with all it's blemishes on full display. There are some nice copies in here and some pretty battered ones. That #17, for instance! I got that one from my friend Gary Rifkin, around 1977. It was a book that had just been lying around his house for years. I guess once I had it, I figured 'ok, I've got #17', and moved on to acquiring another issue I didn't have, never bothering to upgrade. Same with my #3, which is in pretty poor shape. Unfortunately, upgrading my copy of #3 now would be cost prohibitive, but a #17 upgrade I think will happen one day. My #19 is also kinda roughed up. I did have another copy at one time that I sold at a con in the early 90's, but I seem to remember it was in even worse shape!
Most of these were purchased at flea markets and comics shops in the late 70's and early 80's, but a few were Ebay purchases (#27 and #29), another bought from a guy I met on my bus, who was a former comic dealer (#25, which was actually an upgrade of a copy I subsequently sold on Ebay), and #28, which I traded for or bought, can't remember, at a con in the early 90's.

No comments: